Friday, July 8, 2011

The Final Countdown

The countdown has begun...this is my last weekend in DC and over the last few weeks I have been knocking out my DC bucket list. A Legwarmers concert was at the top of my list. They are a local 80s cover band that is a DC must do if you have any appreciation for the greatest decade of music. Their concerts are maybe the greatest concerts I have ever been too. Plus any excuse to bust out the blue eyeliner and leggings is a good enough reason to attend.

Have you seen anyone with better 80s hair then Melissa? The cobra just comes naturally for her!


As luck would have it, I convinced some friends to come along and it was a magical night. We caught many a guitar picks, lost our voices and hearing, and even got a wink or two from the lead singer. I couldn't have asked for a better final concert from them.

I will be planning future DC trips around these concerts. Ever since the concert this song has been stuck in my head:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

The DC final countdown has begun and I am in total denial. Even though I've quit my job, my worldly belongings are currently in boxes, and I've sold my spot in my house; it still doesn't seem real. I still feel like I will live in DC forever. I know change is good, I just don't know if I'm ready for it.

5 comments:

Amy Lee Scott said...

so awesome! and i can't believe the countdown has arrived. boo. but! we get to see you soon! and you'll be living in london! so cool!

Jesica and Chris Fowler said...

Ah Chels... so fun! Change always stinks! I'm certain you will love your next adventure as well! HAve fun in the final days and I can't wait to see ya!!!!!!!!!!1

P.S... Yes... Melissa's hair is SAWEET!

Fav Cuz :)

MaryJane said...

I'm thinking Darcee's orange scrunchie with the stars would have been the icing on the cake!

Lauren Kay said...

BEST NIGHT EVER!! Seriously. I kept talking about it on my vacation! I wish you weren't leaving!

Darrell said...

Hate to admit it, but I'm glad I missed this one.