Monday, September 26, 2011

First Day of School


Well technically it's orientation week but still it was my first day meeting my classmates and professors. This is how it went:


You can guess who I was during "introduce yourself time". Here is the demography of my program. 50 people. 10 male. Age range is 23 to 50. 35% medical doctors. 15% nurses. 17 different nationalities represented. 4 Americans.

Even though I don't plan on seeing much outside of school and my flat, I'm still excited to be here in London. They told us that there are five stages of living abroad. The first stage is the honeymoon stage. Check. The next stage is the distress stage. Lookout.

On a happy note the main building for our campus is used at City Hall in the Batman movies. Apparently Christian Bale was filming on campus a few weeks ago. Let's hope he shows up sometime around "distress stage".

3 comments:

Amy Lee Scott said...

batman!!!! lucky duck.... break a leg, chels. you're always a winner to me :)

sheila said...

Looks like you are going to school in Buckingham Palace, what nice digs to be learning in. Where was Christian Bale when I was in London? You are going to be awesome this year, go get em!

Darrell said...

Now the work begins. Remember this is why you applied in the first place. I believe in you.