Sunday, December 11, 2011

Secret Cinema


This last weekend I attended the "Secret Cinema". It is kind of like murder mystery dinner meets the cinema. You sign up and do not know what movie is going to be played but you're given a secret location, costume assignment, and a role. It was so fun. We showed up and there were all these WWII era military that escorted us to the location which from the outside looked like a warehouse. When we walked in it was a huge building with multiple levels all depicting scenes from the film we would watch.
It was post WWII in Vienna and there were military from Germany, Russia, and France. We figured out the the film was, "The Third Man". So you walk around and there are actors portraying different characters from the film and you are supposed to engage and play a role as well. A lot of the actors were speaking French, German, and Russian--It was pretty realistic.
They have traditional food from Austria like Goulash and sausage and you get food and wander around talking part in different scenes from the movie. At the end of the night you gather in screen rooms and watch the film.
It was such a fun concept and apparently tickets are hard to come by. They do the same movie for several weeks and then switch it up. The best part was I "had" to buy a British head piece complete with a face veil. Now I will be looking for events where I can wear it.

7 comments:

Aaron said...

That looks amazing; I would love to try it sometime!

Sydney said...

Kim- you are SO gorg! Seriously, London looks so good on you. You make Kate in a fascinator look like a hobo. Love you and can't wait to see you soon!

The Davis Family said...

Oh my gosh, LOVE the hat! What a cool idea. Love ya!

-Shan

Lauren Kay said...

You look so beautiful! I love the fascinator! Sounds like such a fun night.

Darrell said...

What a fun evening! Can you help Mom and I host a cool party sometime?

sheila said...

How fun! What a beauty you are in your fascinator! Can't wait to hear more in 4 days!!!

Darcee said...

You are smokin'! Love the London Look! That looks like so much fun! I cannot even wait tonsee you!!! Hurry up!!!
P.S. I listened to Osmond's Blue Christmas today and thought of you. Ha!