This month I celebrated my 30th Birthday. Since it's kinda a milestone, I decided to celebrate my birthdayness in true Smart fashion. First on the agenda was a trip to DC to spend time with my friends. When I arrived, my roommates had 30 gifts wrapped and waiting for me. They know me so well that most of the gifts were things I needed/wanted from the states before returning to London. They are seriously the best!!
Next, I headed to the Portland Zoo for a little adventure. I spent a week going to the actually zoo, the library, the park, and the store. It was so fun!
Then the rest of the fam came from UT, WA, and OR to celebrate in style. Sydney, the most posh party planner I know, spent hours planning the decorations, games (would a Smart party be a party without games?), and food. She received lots of help from my Mom and other sisters and they did an amazing job. I felt so special and loved. This will definitely go down as one of the best birthdays!
A cherry chip cake with money hidden inside is a Smart Family tradition!
The games were all trivia related to my life. My family patiently put up with endless stories about me--it seriously moments like this that I wonder if my brothers in law questions their decisions to join our family. Sydney spent so long planning every detail.
When I was younger I had a mild obsession with the Tazmania Devil--something my family can't let remain in the past. They love mocking my for it and my bday was no exception. We had a special visit from Taz himself and I even got a new pair of Taz slippers. It was really funny. The kids went nuts and insisted someone chase them around the house in the costume all weekend.
Darel, Mom, and Darc feigning interest in my bday trivia games. Special shout out goes to the Portland Zoo for hosting all thirteen of us all weekend.
We spent the rest of the weekend eating, shopping, playing games, laughing and "watching" conference. It was so fun to be together since we won't all be together again until Christmas. I love that everyone made such an effort to come even if it was for a short weekend.
After Portland I headed to Lebanon and Turkey for some international fun with my flatmates and another friend from London. (More on this to come)
Then it was back to London to start my last term of my grad program. We celebrated with my classmates at pub I have been dying to go to since moving to London.
The past thirty years have been nothing been exciting and here's to hope the next thirty are just as good!!
4 comments:
Come back!!! We want more Chelseapalooza!! What a fun review of your party weekend! Great pics, it was so much fun to ALL be together! Love you tons and glad you are safely home from your latest adventure!
What a wonderful post. You captured it all so well. the Chelsea Trivia games were the best. Glad you're back safe from Lebanon.
Can I be a Smart. You guys always have so much fun together!
What a special bday Chels! So much fun! I was laughing pretty hard when I had read Sydney's blog and saw the Taz surprise. Hilarious! Leave it to family to bring up those cherished memories! Love ya!
Post a Comment