Wednesday, July 18, 2012

London Latelys

1.  A school friend asked me to do her hair for her wedding--no pressure.  To be fair, they are doing a big wedding next year in South Africa where her husband is from but in order for her to get the visa they need to be married so they got married civilly here. 


2.  I am still volunteering at the temple once a month.  The following conversation happened last month.
Lady: You look like you could have some South American or Latino blood in you.  Where are you from?
Me: America but I don't have any Latino blood in me.  But I do get that a lot.
Lady: Are you of Spanish decent? Maybe your look is more Spanish?
Me: Nope, my ancestors are actually from here in Britain.
Lady: Really?  You sure? You have no latino blood in you?  You definitely look like you do.
Me: Pretty sure.  (Getting kind of annoyed at this point)
Lady: Well family digressions can often take a few generations to manifest themselves.
Me:  WHAT!!!  Thanks for calling my ancestors sluts.  (Don't worry Mom, I didn't really say that but I REALLY wanted too)

3. To celebrate the end of exams I went to see Rock of Ages in the West End.  The music was amazing but the best part was the 55 year old women with no teeth rocking a bandanna, No Fear cut off t-shirt and torn jeans.  I think she was in her Nirvana. 


4. My new favourite British word is: FAFFING.  It means dinking around.  For example, 'Now that exams are over, I am spending a lot time faffing around.'  I love it!

5. I'm also enjoying time with classmates outside of the walls of school.

6.  I know you are all dying to know that the pizza box is growing. I actually took this pic a last week and it has since grown.
7. The last month as been a steady flow of visitors.  I have loved it even if I am exhausted.  I love showing people the city I love and doing new things like going to Kensington Palace.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

You are so funny Chelsea, loved your temple conversation! If only that woman could see your parents and all of your red headed cousins!