Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Top 10 in 2010

My graduate school applications are finally in!! Licked. Sealed. Mailed. Done. I have basically been applying to grad school for two years--straight. Because taking the LSAT twice, applying to law schools and deciding not to go wasn't fun enough; I decided to apply to global health master's programs--in a country I've never even been too. Where do I get these ideas? So, cross your fingers, say your prayers, rub the belly of a Buddha and you might be rewarded with an invite across the Atlantic for a visit.

I am celebrating my new found freedom by reflecting on the best of 2010. It was a great year and I am grateful for all the blessings! So here I go in no particular order.

1. New House-Despite being buried by snow the first week we moved in, we have loved living in our new house. The extra room has given me a good excuse to buy more house decor--my bank account suffers but it's fun.



2. New Roommate: moving into the new house, we adopted another roommate and the foursome was complete. I couldn't ask for better roommates.


3. Seeing the tulip fields in the Netherlands: Checked this one off my list of things to do before I die.


3. Visits from 2 of my 3 Sisters: Nothing is better then visits from the sistas. The one that did not come knows who she is and better be making plans soon. Plus a visit from mom made the year complete. I have finally convinced my family that the east coast is fun place to visit.



4. Smart Family Reunion 2010 at Lake Cocolalla.



5. Work trips to Kenya and Thailand.


6. Announcement that these two are baking a snickerdoddle. Being an Aunt is the best--all the fun of being a parent without any of the responsibility!


7. Climbing Mt. Hood. Avalanches prevented us from not summitting but I learned a lot and was grateful for the added bonus of doing it with great friends and a very patient father.


8. After 4 trips to the West Coast, this little girl finally acknowledges my presence. I can't wait until she's old enough to understand bribes.


9. Spending 10 wonderful days traipsing around Europe with my favorite girls.

10. Spending Christmas with Woody and Buzz.


Happy New Year!

4 comments:

sheila said...

What a fun recap of 2010! Here's looking forward to 2011 and a trip to visit you in London! Loved my time with you at Christmas, and still enjoying my clean and organized closets. Thanks for inspiring me! Love, Mom.

Amy Lee Scott said...

such a hero! congrats on your applications--what a miserable process... and it was SO good to see you!

Amy Lovell said...

I just discovered your blog. I'm going to be blog stalking you now. Hope that's ok! :)

Oh, and good luck with your grad school applications. I had a mini-dream to go to London for that same program. Alas, I choose Oklahoma instead, for no program what-so-ever. Go figure.

Darrell said...

How did I miss this post? And to think that i was part of your top 10 events for 2010. It's an honor just being a part of your most interesting life!