Thursday, April 19, 2012

30 Before 30

Several years ago, I made the goal to visit 30 countries before my 30th birthday. I am happy to say I finally made it to number 30 and with several months to spare. In order to count a country I have to spend more then 12 hours in the country (being in an airport doesn't count) and eat a meal there . Here is the list (in order):
Honduras
Bahamas (I saw OJ here with his kids post trial)
El Salvador
Guatemala
Chile
France
Spain
Italy
Bolivia
Paraguay
Brazil
Peru
Mexico
Argentina
Uruguay
Guinea
Tanzania
The Netherlands
Israel
Thailand
Japan
Croatia
Turkey
Greece
Kenya
United Kingdom
Austria
Liberia

Switzerland (#30!!!) It seemed to fitting that I reached my 30th country with my parents.  While they no longer pay for me to travel, they have paid for many of airfares and trips for me.  They let me go on my first international trip by myself when I was just 18.  Even if they thought I was crazy for going to certain places they were always really supportive.
 Portugal-was #31 but still made it before my bday

My next goal is 100 countries before I die--I guess I better get on that!

10 comments:

Lauren Kay said...

LOVE it! And how lucky you got to go to some of those places for work :)

Mindy said...

That is really amazing Chelsea! It's pretty sad I felt cool leaving the country when I was 18 and it was Canada! It's even more sad that I have never left the country since.

Amy Lee Scott said...

you are the coolest person i know!!!! and portugal...didn't you die of happiness? so beautiful. congrats, my dear chels! and viva la 30!

Nick said...

You really are the coolest person we know, despite the Taz phase. You should also be officially banned from the Smart Family Map as you cannot even recognize the other colors on the board indicating the other countries the rest of your family have been to. I'm just saying...

Sydney said...

I agree with Nick. No more CJ on the Smart family maps - it makes everybody else look bad. I'm so impressed you reached your goal. You forgot to count Canada! Maybe a weird family vacation helped you reach that one?

sheila said...

Hey don't forget your awesome roots in Canada! What a cool post you truly have no fear mixed with a ton of wanderlust! You inspire me everyday I could only hope to follow in your footsteps. (Though traveling with you is always a good time.)

Darrell said...

You are the coolest kid I know. You missed Canada. I'll be happy if I get to 30 countries before i die. 100, now that's impressive. We love you!!!

MishMyBelle said...

This is a pretty awesome accomplishment. So happy I got to travel with you to a few of those countries. Where to next?!?

MaryJane said...

So impressed. I keep telling you you'd make a great travel agent. Want to plan an Australia/New Zealand for us?

Oh, and apparently you missed Canada.

Sarah said...

I feel like Asia is a little under represented. Come back to Thailand and will go to Myanmar or Cambodia or Vietnam or Laos. Really. There is always a free bedroom available.