Saturday, March 9, 2013

Made in Oregon

I've been spending lots of time in Oregon.  
I often find myself thinking, "only in Oregon", when I see 65 year old hippies that missed the memo that the 70s are over or women who haven't shaved during the last decade.  Since my best friends idolize Hello Kitty, the Hulk, and Disney, I spend a lot of time at kid friendly venues like the zoo or the children's museums.  These venues provide perfect examples of Oregon's best.  Case in point: the Portland Science museum encourages kids to "be a chipmunk" and suggests parents to encourage their kids "to be animals".  They even have a place where kids can dress up like chipmunks and hide acorns in trees.  Only in Oregon.  







We love the zoo.  And one of the things I love the most about the zoo is this bench:

May you all have dreams of buttercups and teddy bears.  Only in Oregon. 
And now the best part, my besties at one of their favorite places.  









2 comments:

Darcee said...

Ahhhh. Oregon. Gotta love it! Hahaha! Those signs about the chipmunks are hilarious!

Darrell said...

Life is good when your "besties" love Sanrio Products and Super Heroes. And yes, OR is a strange place.