Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hoard the Gourds

Our house is being taken over by gourds. They cover every open space of every table in every room. Just part of the fall festivities.


Part of the reason our house looks like a pumpkin patch is because we visited one recently. A couple of weekends ago, we headed to rural Virginia to pick some pumpkins, gourds, and apples. Unfortunately, the beautiful weather caused us to peel off all our cute fall clothes. I guess we will have to wait a few more weeks to don our new sweaters and boots.


We bought this squash even though we had no idea what kind it was. It baked up great and was a great addition to our fall diet of butternut squash ravioli, dinner in a pumpkin, pumpkin bread and apple crisp.

The best part of fall is this little treasure we found on one of our weekly trips to home depo. It's called a "mumkin" and it makes me laugh every time I come home.

4 comments:

The Davis Family said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you've joined the blogging world. Miss you tons!

-Shan

Rachel Elder said...

Yay!! Your blog is cute Chels! Im excited you started one:) Also, your apartment is super cute. I cant wait to tell Roman about your "mumkin." Mums are his favorite flower. Love ya!

Darrell said...

Beautiful pictures from a beautiful girl!

Darrell said...

FYI: We are still eating acorn squash from the garden, but tonight's dinner might be one of the last. sniff...